Hello, please select your language

Hello, please log in here

Not a member yet?
to discover our award-winning online English school.

Welcome to "Word of the Day - English"
Vocabulary for intermediate to advanced English speakers only. Build your vocabulary and practice using your newly learnt words.
Language: English
Members: 8190
Officers: Charmaine (Administrator)

Are you sure that you want to leave this group?

Are you sure that you want to delete the discussion thread What is the topic today?
By IS4151 on 11/25/2015 9:20:21 PM
What is the topic today

Dear admin

I imagine that this group will be discuss about one word every day. So can you tell me  What is the word of topic today ?

Perhaps that you must be active to manage this group with more conversation.

By arachete on 11/26/2015 5:45:59 AM
RE: What is the topic today

Hello Insani, maybe you are right, it would be nice if this group was more active. I don't know who is the admin. Anyway we could take the word of the day from this following site and develope the topic by starting from that word. Just h***e a look to this link: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/,  the word of today is "phloem", the food-conducting tissue of vascular plants, consisting of sieve tubes, fibers, parenchyma, and sclereids. Synonyms: bast.  Usage: "Girdling" a tree, or cutting through its phloem tubes, results in the starvation of the roots and, ultimately, the death of the tree. It is just a proposal if there is nobody as a admin in order to revive this group. H***e a nice day!!!

By AABDULSATTAR on 11/30/2015 12:28:45 PM
RE: RE: What is the topic today
Hi H. S and D and Nobody. I hope the message carries healthy treatment.